Sunday, July 29, 2012

Review: MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation

Just recently purchased MAC's Studio Sculpt Foundation, here's my thoughts on this product...


I couldn't wait to get my hands on this product! For so long I've used a slew of different drugstore low-end foundations that hardly matched my fair skin tone.

What MAC Says: "A creamy, luxurious, gel-based foundation that provides medium buildable to high coverage with a natural satin finish. Hydrating, instantly revitalizes the skin while keeping it looking smooth, soft and plush. Long-wearing, water-resistant. Offers broad spectrum SPF 15 protection."

Packaging: MAC always has such great packaging with their products. I love the chic black with white lettering  - signature MAC colors. You might think that the packaging is rather small for having to pay a whopping $30.00, but a little goes a LONG way with this product. Start out with just a little bit,because if you put too much on your face, you'll be blending forever.

Color: I've tried just about every brand of foundation there is from my local drugstores (Revlon, Rimmel, Almay, Covergirl...the list goes on.) and I was hardly impressed by their color selections, especially those for fair skin, as the color always looked too pink or orange in the natural sunlight. This MAC foundation is a little too pale for me (never thought I'd be able to say those words), but an NC20 would be WAY too dark. The pigment, however, isn't too pink or too yellow, it's just perfect for my fair/cool skin tone!

Formula: The formula, unfortunately for me, is really drying, even though MAC claims it's hydrating. I have very combination/dry skin and this product dries out my face - EVEN in the summer. The woman working for MAC assured me that this was their most moisturizing foundation... such a bummer because this stuff covers every imperfection on my face (like redness and blemishes). I love that it contains SPF15, so it offers protection during the day, but at the same time, it's almost not needed. Everyone should have a good SPF in their daytime moisturizer. I would be more inclined to wear this at night when I'm going out because it's a lot heavier than a normal foundation... but SPF isn't needed at night. This product is waterproof and long-wearing. I also consider it more of a matte finish than a satin finish.

Price: This product runs for about $30.00, so it's definitely not cheap, but if you have oily skin and like full coverage, this is better than anything I've tried from the drugstore.  

Recommendations: I would try a 10 day sample of this product before you purchase it because it's rather pricey. If you have dry skin I don't recommend mixing a moisturizer with it because it changes the consistency and the color.

Overall:  The coverage is great but I'm sad to say that I was greatly disappointed by this product. I rate it a 7/10. The coverage is great, but it's too drying for my skin. It matches my skin tone pretty perfectly which is really hard to do... it's a little light but I just resort to bronzing it up a bit, which works fine. Overall a really good foundation - especially if you have oily skin and want a full coverage, heavier foundation. If you're looking for something sheer, this isn't for you. 


Thanks for reading! 
If you have any questions about the foundation, don't hesitate to ask!




1 comment:

  1. Hi, very nice post thank you.
    I was going for that one, but finally picked the Dior nude. They tried them on me and the thing is, the M.A.C is kinda cakey right? I mean, they had to put powder so it wouldn't be so. The thing with the Dior one, it's a bit darker than the M.A.C , so I don't know if I should return it and take the other one... What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...