Friday, August 3, 2012

Daytime Smokey Eye



This look is what I like to call my day-time smokey eye.
It's just the right amount of smokey and accents all eye shapes! All eye-shadows used are from Urban Decay's NAKED palette (the first one).



Here's how I created the look...


 LID: I used a big eyeshadow brush to apply "Sidecar" all over my lid. We don't need to worry about blending any time soon. Just pack it onto your lid and into your crease.
 



CREASE: I applied "Darkhorse" to my crease and outer corner with a fluffy crease brush. I also connected the outer corner to my bottom lash line. Make sure you can still see a little bit of our lid color poking out above the crease color - it'll add dimension.

 INNER CORNER: I applied "Virgin", a light frosted milky color to my inner corner, overlapping it with the lid and crease color. 



OUTER CORNER: I took a black shimmery color, "Creep" and applied it to my outer corner, along the outside of my upper lash line, and the outside of my lower lash line.


HIGHLIGHT: I used "Virgin", the same color we used for the inner corner, on my brow bone and blended the colors together to soften the look, using a blending brush. 

LINER: I also applied my L'OREAL Infalliable eyeliner in brown to the outside of my upper lash line and outside of my lower lash line. I used a small angled brush to soften the eyeliner edges. 


CURL: I then curled my lashes using my favorite eyelash curler from Sally Beauty (I don't even know the brand.. it's so old!)


MASCARA: I finish off the look my applying my favorite mascara, Volume Express Colossal by Maybelline in "black." You can also apply falsies if you want to make the look more dramatic.


VoilĂ ! The perfect date night eyes!



- - - - - - - - - -


- - - - - - - - - -

* All eyeshadows used in this tutorial can be found in the NAKED I palette by Urban Decay ($50, Sephora/Ulta)
*All these products are my own and were purchased with my own money

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...