Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Haul! Origins, MAC, Studio Gear


Did a little shopping this week for some new goodies. Picked up a few MAC items, a Studio Gear Blush, and some little things from Origins I can't wait to try out. 
Keep reading to see my entire haul and my first impressions of these products.



PART I
Dr. Weil for Origins, Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Facial Cleanser, $28.50, Origins
Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, $23, Origins
Origins Silk Screen Refining Powder "#02 Tender", $26.50, Origins
Origins Stay Tuned Balancing Face Makeup "#19, Fair, $23, Origins


Mega-Mushroom Cleanser
What Origins Says:   "It quickly removes makeup, dirt, debris and impurities without upsetting skin's naturally protective lipid balance and keeps even highly sensitive or reactive skin calm throughout the cleansing process."
DirectionsShake prior to use. Massage onto dry or dampened skin in the A.M. and P.M. Rinse off.
First Impressions: The packing is very nice. I love the way the four Origins products look side by side all matchy matchy! This stuff smells amazing - but not like the kind of amazing that you'd probably think of when you typically think of a cleanser smell. Its very... natural smelling. Almost like tree bark... or something you'd find in nature haha. It's so hard to describe. It's supposed to combat redness and is perfect for sensitive skin, which was my reason for purchasing it. It's a creamy beige colored cleanser, very relaxing and non-irritating.
Price: $28.50


Drink Up Intensive Mask
What Origins Says: "This intense moisture replacement mask with Avocado and Apricot Kernel Oil deeply and instantly quenches compromised moisture reserves and builds a reservoir for tomorrow. Japanese Seaweed repairs skin's barrier to prevent future dehydration and signs of premature aging."
Directions:  Twice a week or as desired, gently massage onto clean skin at bedtime. Tissue off excess.
First Impressions: Packing is nice. You're not going to find any glamorous product packing with Origins, just simple, functional, and all-natural looking. This product smells great! More of a fresh and clean smell. I'm really excited to use this because I've been battling really dry skin this summer!
Price: $23


Silk Screen Powder
What Origins Says: "Nature's sheer-as-silk skin-smoothers and state-of-the-art perfectors, including shine-subduing Mica and mattifying Corn Starch, float over skin and gently cling like a fine mesh screen filtering out flaws and refining faces. And the fine, soft-focus finish masters the art of illusion to give skin a poreless, polished, pretty-as-a picture appearance that lasts and lasts. Won't cake, clog or sit on skin's surface."
First Impressions: This is the lightest shade that Origins carries.  I usually get a powder that's a shade lighter than my skin tone because sometimes, the more layers you put on, the darker it gets. Also, I like having the ability to bronze it up later. It's a lot easier to darken makeup versus lighten it when it's already on your skin. You get quite a bit of product in the compact. This powder is SO soft and you don't have to press hard at all for it to stick to your brush. A little goes a long way. Origins says that it's not supposed to get cakey throughout the day so we will see!
My Shade: 02, Tender
Price: $26.50


Stay Tuned Foundation
What Origins Says: "Tune in and watch oil-blotting, skin-balancing Vegepol, from algae, and smoothing Silicone work seamlessly, side-by-side to create true harmony all day. Optical diffusers scatter light from fine lines and flaws to flatter combo complexions. Skin looks naturally gorgeous, never greasy or glum. Vitamin E protects against environmental damage."
 Background & First Impressions: I have a really hard time finding foundations that match my skin tone perfectly in natural light because they always look masky or too orange/pink. I never even considered trying this foundation on myself because I know that it's more of a light/medium coverage and I usually look for medium/full for myself. I did a makeover on a client the other day who was probably even more fair than myself (if that's even possible) using this foundation and the silkscreen powder and I was pleasantly surprised with the coverage! It covered her redness and post-acne marks flawlessly and matched her tones perfectly. So I decided to try it for myself. I cannot wait to try this!
It's not a cream, but it's not too watery either, a very good consistency that would be perfect for anyone who has anywhere from oily to dry skin. There's also a pretty wide range of colors, with both pink and yellow undertones. I have never not found a match for a client. It's also very lightweight so it won't feel heavy on your skin.
My Shade: 19, Fair
Price: $23

 PART II
 MAC Compact Blush "Well Dressed", $20
MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder "Light Plus", $23
Studio Gear Pressed Blush "Angel Baby", $15.50

MAC Blush
What MAC Says: MAC describes this blush shade "Well Dressed" as an "immaculate pink satin" color. 
 First Impressions: I would definitely say this is a satin. It does have some shimmer in it, but not much. The color is a very light baby pink. It looks darker in the compact than it does when I swatch it on my skin. It also takes a little effort of the brush to get the color out. It's so pretty! I can hardly resist buying any light pink shades of blush when I see them. 
Shade: Well Dressed
Price: $20


MAC Studio Careblend Powder
What MAC Says: "Formulated to provide a smooth, virtually invisible, fresh-looking finish, this soft, cream-like powder is carefully blended to provide the skin with extra care, nourishment, and comfort."
First Impression: When I bought this powder, I was looking for something that would set my foundation, but wouldn't cake throughout the day, and would still provide moisture. The color seems to be a bit orangey, but I'll have to test it on my fair skin before I make any final decisions. The powder is definitely soft, so I'm eager to see how it'll react with my dry skin. 
My Shade: Light Plus
Price: $23


Studio Gear Blush
What SG Says: "This light, silky blush gently colors your cheeks with a natural radiance and long-wearing power. Gain a natural radiance from this velvety blush that gently colors your cheeks. It's formulated to diffuse direct lighting, thereby minimizing skin imperfections. The coated powder ingredients feel good on your skin"
First Impressions: The second I saw this blush at the department store, I knew that I was going to go home with it. I'm such a sucker for blush! I typically reach for baby pink shades, but I'm trying to stop buying the same colors over and over and step outside of my box a little. This one is more of a pink/purple shade. It's seems to be almost matte, but appears to have minor shimmer in it. The powder itself picks up on the brush easily and it doesn't take much to get good pigment.
Shade: Angel Baby
Price: $15.50



*I'm going to do reviews on each one of these (with swatches) so keep your eyes out for those! 
**If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...