Monday, September 10, 2012

Review: Too Faced Better Than False Lashes



Can you really get the look of false lashes without having to apply any?!
We'll find out how!


On the back it shows the basics of how to use the lash system and how to apply it. 



When you flip open the package, you can see the two "mascaras." Each of them say what step they are in the system right on the tube. The real mascara is on the left in the gold tube and it's labeled with steps #1 and #3. The tube on the right is the nylon fibers and it's labeled as step #2.


How to Use

STEP 1: PRIME
"Use the acticating mascara to create a base to adhere the weightless Flexistretch nylon fibers."

STEP 2: BUILD
"Brush on 1-2 coats of the exclusive Flexistretch nylon fibers to build outrageous length and volume."

STEP 3: SEAL
"Finish by sealing the exclusive Flexistretch nylon fibers with the ultra-black activating mascara to create that "Better Than False Lashes" effect!"





My Thoughts

I was really excited to go out and by these products because I'd seen tons of reviews buzzing around YouTube and everyone I'd watched seemed to have liked the product in one way or another, so I decided to try it for myself. 

PACKAGING
The packing itself is very nice and chic. I love the way you can flip the top open and it tells you exactly how to do it. I house the mascara and the nylon fiber wand in this box so I don't lose them and they don't get separated for some reason and the box has help up nicely ever since I got it a few months ago. The product tubes are also very chic-looking and appear to be higher end products rather than looking like drugstore mascaras... and they better for the pretty price I paid for them!
Rating: 9/10

PRICE
The price was what was standing in between me and purchasing this earlier. I got it for $35 at Sephora. I think it's way over-priced for what you're actually getting. The product works just fine with your own mascara, so you should be able to purchase just the tube of nylon fibers - because it's like paying $35 for just that. I'm really picky about mascara wands, and I think most people are, and this one just doesn't quite to the job for me so I wish they were also sold separately.
Rating: 6/10

APPLICATION
The first time I put this on I was really amazed. It definitely lengthens and makes you're lashes look much more dense and thick...HOWEVER... it's really clumpy. It hard to separate your lashes once you've applied the nylon fibers and after putting on Step #3. If you try and separate them after applying steps #2 and #3, you really just pull out all of the nylon fibers. 
I also think that the picture that comes on the box on the flip up part of the package is WAY over-exaggerated.  I did notice a change in the thickness and volume... but no where near that much!
I was really worried that the nylon fibers would fall into my eyes when I was applying them, but to my surprise they didn't at all! This product would be perfectly find for contact wearers.
Rating: 8/10



EASE OF USE
If you want a perfectly false lashes look (where every single lash is separated and perfect) you're not going to get that with this product. It looks much more natural than false lashes (which is a good thing), but it takes 3X longer to apply than regular mascara, however the directions are very clear. 
Rating:  8/10

OVERALL
I'm not sure I would purchase this product again before looking around at other false lash systems. It seems really pricey for what you actually get. I did notice a definite change in my eyelashes, but I also would rather have pretty separated lashes than thicker clumpy lashes that stick together. It's not a bad product by any means, and it's a great idea, I just wish that my lashes didn't get so clumpy. 


Overall Rating: 
B-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...