Tuesday, October 23, 2012

DIY Lip Palette

 

Ladies, If you're an aspiring makeup artist or are just looking for a way to store you're lipsticks in a convenient way... look no further! Here's an easy way to create you're own lipstick palette. It's easy to store, easy to compare colors, and easy to make! Keep reading to learn how to do it...
I've seen a lot of videos lately about how to create you're own lip palettes. I saw one video that used a watercolor palette from an arts & crafts store and I thought it was a really great creative idea. I went to Michael's, a craft store near me to see if I could find one, however, I thought that the ones I saw were too small to make it useful. So I walked around trying to find something similar with a clear top and a bunch of different spaces for different colors.

This palette that I found is actually an ink palette and it was only like $5.00. 


Here's how to make your own lipstick palette...



You'll need your lipstick, a spatula, and your palette.

Before you even start putting your lipsticks into the your palette, come up with a way to organize the colors (this is more important if your a makeup artist). I knew that I wanted all my pinks together, all my nudes and browns together, purples together, and reds and oranges. 


The first thing you want to do is sanitize your spatula. 
You want to make sure that there is no bacteria that could possible get into your lipstick.

Cut off the top of the lipstick with your spatula. 
I did this over a piece of paper / paper towel.


Next, simply smush the lipstick into the space you want it. 
Some people like to heat up their lipsticks to make them into a soupy liquid so that they will fit and dry perfectly into the space. For some lipsticks, this is a great idea, however for other lipsticks, it can ruin them... So the safest way is to simply smash them into the space until you get it just how you want it. 


Just make sure that you don't put too much lipstick in each space or it will get stuck to the top of the container when it closes.


Here's how I organized my palette. 


PRO TIP: On the back I have a 6x6 table I made on my computer (same number of spaces in the palette) where I have all of the shades of lipsticks I used. I have the brand, finish, and color name of each lipstick. I also color coded the table and printed it out and taped it onto the back with packaging tape. 



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Which ways do you know to make a lipstick palette?



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u


    Lip Gloss Sets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...