Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Product Review: Z Palette

There's been a lot of hype in the makeup world recently about Z-palettes, the empty magnetic palette where you can store anything from eye shadows to powder. Here's my take on Z-palettes...
A typical Z-palette is $20.00 at ZPalette.com. The palette that I purchased was the "LARGE BLACK" palette, they also have various colors and prints and sizes.


I've seen a lot of these palettes on YouTube videos of favorite products used my various makeup artists. 

I love the fact that the top is see-through, that way you can see what products you have inside so you know what palette to use on clients... photo shoots... or just for yourself. 

The downside, I feel, is the price. I thought this palette (for being a size large), was going to be a lot bigger than it actually was, so I didn't feel that paying $26.00 (including shipping and handling) was completely worth it for this palette. 

They also have small palettes that would only hold 4 eye shadows and those cost $14... so you might as well spend $5 more and get the large palette that holds around 28 MAC eye shadows.



The palette also comes with 20 metal magnetic stickers so put on the bottom of your products to magnetize them to the palette.

Here's how to do it:


Here's my origins blush refill pan that I de-potted that I want to put in my palette.



Simple peel off the yellow paper on the back of the magnetic sticker and stick it onto the bottom of the pan. (Make sure the bottom is clean so it will stick)


Place it into your palette. 
The magnets are fairly strong and will hold big blush products in place and wont budge. 


Origins blush ("Rose Dust"), Origins Silk Screen Powder ("03 Bisque"), and Origins eye shadow ("Soft Touch" - discontinued)



I'm not sure if I would repurchase this palette. I will probably hunt around for a cheaper alternative or even make my own before investing in one of these palettes again, however they are of good quality, so I would recommend them if you have a lot of money to spend. 
I hope to have palettes for each color family for my makeup kit at some point.



Thanks for Reading!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...