Monday, October 15, 2012

Intro to INGLOT & Eye Shadow Review

Inglot cosmetics is relatively new to me, I heard of the company through YouTube. I've seen a lot of bloggers doing reviews of these products and creating eye looks using their shadows. I looked at reviews of their products and couldn't even find a single negative one, so I decided to try them out for myself! This is a full review of the shadows, the palette, the company...etc. Keep reading to see the whole review and how-to!

Inglot was created more than 25 years ago by chemist, Wojtek Inglot. His goal was to produce high quality products for reasonable prices.

There isn't a Inglot retail store in my state, so I ordered my products online at their website, and had them sent to me, which took about a week.

Inglot has tons of different products from foundations, powders, nail polish, concealers, eye shadows, lipsticks...etc. They also have an option called their "freedom system", where you can essentially put together your own palette and customize it with different shadows/powders/lip products...etc.


You get to choose what kind of palette you want to customize (there are more options than are shown here). The one that I chose was the 10 Eye Shadow square palette (top left) for $16.00.

Then you choose individual eye shadows for $6.00 each. There are SOO many colors.
The eye shadows are also categorized by there finish. There is MATTE (No shine, dull finish), DS (Double Shine), AMC (Very shiny, glittery), and PEARL (Soft shine). The colors do not have names, they only have their own numbers, and they also don't have a description of the colors.

It's a good idea to take a look on YouTube at some reviews of the shadows and look at other peoples to get a feel for some colors you like because just looking online can sometime be deceiving and the colors can appear different when they arrive in the mail.

This is how the palette comes, in this box. It doesn't come with the eye shadows inside of it, it comes empty and you get to assemble it however you want. 

Each shadow comes in a small box, also wrapped in plastic for protection. Once you take out the shadow, it just comes in a refill pan that you're going to put into your palette. 


On the back of the box, you'll see the number of the eyeshadow that you received (because they don't have names)



The number of the shadow is also on the back of the pan itself, so you'll remember which is which. 


HOW TO ASSEMBLE YOUR PALETTE

STEP 1
Take the eyeshadow out of all of its packaging

STEP 2
Decide where you want each color to be placed


STEP 3
Place the pans in the spot you want them, and they're magnetized! 

To remove a shadow from the palette, just use a spatula and get in between the pan and the side of the palette and flick it out. It's so easy!


 The bottom palette and the top are help together by really strong magnets on each of the four corners...





Here's my neutral palette that I put together with the numbers for each shadow...

Here are some swatches:


 
Packaging
 First of all, I love this idea! I think it's a great idea to have a magnetic palette where you can customize your own. If you have any magnetic palettes, you can just get the eye shadows and put them in a different palette. I wish they had a palette with 15 colors, instead of just 10 and 20. I think 15 would be perfect!
 
Price
I think that the price is incredibly reasonable for what you get. The palettes are fairly inexpensive. The shadows themselves are very cheap for the quality of pigment. They're $6.00 a piece for the refill pan and are bigger than MAC shadows that cost twice that much.
 
Pigmentation
The pigmentation of these shadows is amazing. I only have to press my finger lightly on the palette to get enough color. They're definitely MAC quality eye shadows and you get SO much per pan. 

Website
I wish that the shadows had individual names like MAC does. I think it makes them a little more unique and even easier to remember than numbers. The numbers on the website don't even go in order so it's pretty difficult to find colors if you only know the number. They should also have a little description of the color just to make it easier to decide which ones to buy without seeing them in real life. 

 
I love everything about these eye shadows and definitely will be repurchasing more products in the future! I'd love to have a palette for each color scheme to make it easy to find the colors for my kit. The palettes are also super easy to travel with and are perfect for a makeup artist kit.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


Wow that was a loooooong post!
Thanks for Reading.. If I left anything out that you want to know, just comment and I'll make sure to include it! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello beauty!
    Thank you for your lovely comment!
    Now I'm following you via GFC!
    Could you please follow me back?
    thank you!
    http://styleglaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...