Saturday, October 27, 2012

Review: Dermasilk Flawless Wrinkle Eraser


Bought this little number a few days ago thinking it would be such a great idea to be able to optically reduce the appearance of wrinkles and give your face an airbrushed look.. and even after trying it, I still think it WAS a great idea. Keep reading to find out why I love and hate this product.

I was at Walgreens picking up a few items I needed to replenish when my eyes crossed this product and I immediately grabbed it to see what the deal was. 

Here's what the box says: "Flawless is not skincare. It quite simply tomorrow's innovative technology, today. It is not a cream. It is a suspension of millions of particles that reflect light perfectly in billions of directions to make skin's surface appear completely flawless. Within seconds, pores appear to disappear. Fine lines appear to vanish. The skin's texture appears nearly perfect. With one application on any skin surface (even on your hands), you will be convinced that Flawless will make you look years younger in a matter of seconds. It's just that simple."

Now if that isn't some enticing advertising, then I don't know what is, so naturally I purchased it. (Retailed for about $30.00)


Here's what the packaging of the bottle looks like. 

I think the product itself is only called Dermasilk Flawless, but the way it's packaged, it looks like the entire product name is the whole thing. 


It comes with a pump, which is nice for sanitation, so you don't have to stick your hand in a large cream.
HOWEVER, I was pumping it for like EVER trying to dispense some of the product and eventually ended up unscrewing the top and when I did, I realized that the product didn't even have a way of getting out of the nozzle because there wasn't a long enough tube to even get the product! 
(Wish I had a picture to show you this, but I forgot to take one)


Here are the directions for how to use the product. 
I use a liquid foundation that I set with a powder on top so the way I applied it was after my liquid, but before my powder. 


This is what the product looks like once dispensed onto the skin.


Here is the product nearly dry on my arm.
You really have to blend this in quickly or it starts to dry and get thick and caked up.

I thought this product was a really clever idea.. and I LOVED the way it looked after trying it out on my arm. It almost reminded me of putting a matte top coat on your nails to get that dull smooth effect. That's just about what it looked like on my arm... completely airbrushed!! Filled in all of the  pores, and made my skin literally look flawless.

Here's the problem...
It looked great on my skin without applying any makeup... but totally ruined everything I went about layering it with my foundation.

I tried several different methods of applying it to see which would work best.

(1) I tried doing it the way the directions described first. I put my foundation on and then this product and I only found it to completely rub off the makeup and get thick and cakey in spots.
(2) I also tried putting it on before all of my makeup and letting it dry. As soon as the foundation touched it, it instantly turned cakey and thick. 
(3) I tried applying it with my hands, a foundation brush, patting it on with a sponge.. and I just couldn't get it to work with my makeup!

I was SUPER disappointed with this product.
I wanted it to work so badly that I basically tried every method of applying it that I could possibly think of. If you don't wear makeup, then you might be in luck with this product. Even if you have an oil based liquid foundation, this will probably work better for you. It definitely goes on better when it's touching your skin first.

I didn't find it to fill in wrinkles (yes I have expression lines on my forehead!) quite well, or "reflect the light" as it claimed to do on the package. I found it more to be like a matte coat nail polish but to put on your face. 

Overall... definitely won't purchase again.
Hopefully someone will invent something with this idea that actually is compatible with my foundation I use.

Super sad :(

- - -

Do you know of any similar treatments?




6 comments:

  1. defo won't be trying this then x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was intrigued but thought the instructions sounded un-doable. Thank you very much for trying it out for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had exactly the same results as you describe - very disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an airless pump system. The second you opened it you ruined it. This is awesome for men. It.doesnt work with anything else though, as you stated. Mix with a lol water and you can extend the application time without ruining matte.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try Dr. Brandt Skin Care
    pores no more anti-aging mattifying lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try Dr. Brandt Skin Care
    pores no more anti-aging mattifying lotion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...