Friday, September 28, 2012

Review: The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum


I popped into The Body Shop a couple weeks ago, just browsing around, not looking for anything in particular. Whenever I have to take a lunch break from work I usually shop around the nearby stores. This summer has been one of the driest summers on record in Colorado and these last few months, my skin has really been suffering. My face has been super dry and I haven't been able to find ANYTHING to help it... until I found this product! Keep reading to see my full review on The Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisture Serum!



What The Body Shop Says: "Smooth and refine your skin with a concentrated pre-moisturizer that also protects it from harmful environmental elements."



 I purchased this product for $21.00 at the Retail Store, but you can also get it online


Directions for use: Apply to face and neck morning and night before moisturizer.





Packaging
The packaging isn't by any means "chic" or expensive looking, however I do like the font type on the package.. it's much nicer than Origins packaging (for example). It's very sturdy and isn't too cheap looking. 
Rating: 4/5

Price
I think the price is very reasonable! For only $21.00 you're getting 1 ounce of product. This may seem like a lot of money and not a lot of product for some, but The Body Shop always has really good deals, like a buy 3 get one free deal that I always take advantage of. They also have a member card that gives you even more discounts, so overall I think the price is quite reasonable. 
Rating: 5/5

Application
You only need about a half-pump to get enough product to cover your entire face. It comes out looking pretty clear and the consistency is very light but definitely feels moisturizing. This product smells like baby lotion (probably because the vitamin e), and at first I really didn't like the smell, but I can say that I care more about the results that this product gives than the smell of it. 



 
I absolutely love this product! I've been hunting for the one thing that could finally help my dry skin and keep it from caking and flaking under my makeup and I can honestly say that I've found that in this serum. If you have dry/dehydrated skin I would absolutely try this... This would also be a good pick for the winter. I noticed a change in my skin after just the first few days of using it! My skin no longer flakes under my makeup and gets cakey... It looks sooo much better! I'll definitely be repurchasing this product, without a doubt. 


Hope this was helpful!
Thanks for Reading!




1 comment:

  1. Im looking for a cheaper alternative to my Caudalie sos thirst quenching serum. I may have to give this a go as it sounds great!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...