Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review: Hard Candy Baked Eyeshadow Duo


I recently went out and purchased this eyeshadow at Wal-Mart with a lot of other beauty products, and for a drugstore eyeshadow, I can honestly say I was stunned with how well it performed. Keep reading to see my full review and swatches. 


  
What Hard Candy Says: "Perfect palettes of highly pigmented, wet-dry shadows that instantly bring color & eyes to life! The formula has been baked (not pressed) on a terracotta disk, offering wet-dry benefits in a rich, colorful, long-lasting application that's never chalky. Apply "wet" for more dramatic, intense color, or "dry" for softer, more shimmery effect. When "wet" try the deeper tones as an eyeliner.


These eyeshadow duos can be purchased at Wal-Mart for $6.00.
There are nine total shades of baked eyeshadow duos.  





Packaging
For a drugstore product, I really like the packaging of these eyeshadow duos. The Hard Candy brand has pretty exciting packaging- however they look more "childish" (for lack of a better term) than chic. However, the packaging holds up really nicely, and I haven't had and problems with broken packaging, cracking plastic, or broken hinges or anything like that - so it's very durable.
Rating: 4/5

Price
The price of these shadows are very reasonable. For the amount of product you get, it's a great price and it doesn't cost a lot so you can own multiple shadows in different shades. 
Rating: 5/5

Pigmentation
The pigmentation of these shadows in great! I was pleasantly surprised when I tested these out. On my hand AND on my eye, these shadows have great pigmentation and the colors stay true. 
 Rating: 5/5


Application
The application of these shadows in incredibly smooth and they are very easy to apply.
Rating: 5/5

Longevity
The color and pigmentation lasts a very long time on my eye, especially when applied on top of an eyeshadow base or primer.
Rating: 5/5

  
Overall, I don't have too much to say about these eyeshadows, simply because there isn't too much I didn't like about them. 
I will definitely be repurchasing these in different shades.



2 comments:

  1. omg your pictures are incredible!!! I love Hard Candy, they have many good products!!! I am definitely getting this one! Check out my latest makeup haul :) XOXO

    -MayT

    MayT Essentials

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found a set of 9 of these at Walmart in a Christmas gift set! My mom offered to give them to me for Christmas :-) haha... now I have to wait till Christmas to try them! http://glitterglammandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...