Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tutorial: "Mauve" About You


This is a look that features my barely used BH Cosmetics eyeshadow palette, I'm so glad I'm finally getting to get more use out of it. The lighting was horrible today, so I apologize for the colors not showing up too well in the photos. It was a REALLY pretty look...very natural and attention grabbing. Read more to see how I did it.



This look features the BH COSMETICS 28 NEUTRAL palette.
You can purchase it here for $10.42
I'll be reviewing this palette soon so stay tuned for that! 
My camera struggled to capture the accurate color of this look in the step-by-step photos so I apologize! It did turn out pretty pigmented, even though it doesn't seem so in the photos.

If you want to see this look step by step, keep reading!



I used this light shimmery pink shade all over my lid and into the inner corner as well. This shade is optional. If you don't want to use this shade, you can use the shade in step 3 in place of this one, from the BH palette.



This crease color is a light taupe-like matte brown. Apply in the outer corner and up into the crease, as well as taking it onto the lower lash line, but go no more than halfway in.



This lid accent color is a light pink shimmery shade. This will be applied to ONLY the very middle third of the lid. It's meant to brighten and open up the eyes. (I know it's hard to see from the picture... but it's even more pigmented than the color we used in step 1)



The outer corner I used is the reason for the look. This GORGEOUS mauve color purple goes on the outer corner. You can also take it down to the outer lower lash line.


I used a Mary Kay retractable eyeliner pencil in "Plum" to line my upper lash line and the outer corner of my lower lash line. I also lined along my lower water line and into my tear duct area with "Pure White" eyeliner pencil from Rimmel London.


I then curled my lashes with my favorite curler from Sally Beauty Supply.


I applied two different coats of mascara. The first one was with Dior ___ in the shade "". Which is a light blue. I then went over it with my Maybelline Volume Express Colossal mascara in "Classic Black."
The blue mascara will show in parts that you missed with the black mascara and it'll have a great multidimensional effect!




The finished look...
On my face: Makeup Forever HD Foundation in shade "115"
On my lips: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in "631 - Luminous Pink" and Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in "130 - Pink Whisper"
On my cheeks: Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in "Orchid Hush"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...